Author Topic: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods  (Read 4395 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dingus

  • Guest
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #30 on: May 17, 2018, 10:35:36 AM »
After Crawl is satisfied with the hiding skills of his companion he looks to him and whispers that they will stay here as backup and ambush the first non-kobold to get through these doors.

OOC: Crawl and the Kobold will hold their actions to attack the first non-kobold that runs through the entryway. I would move craw up but I've had to make a quick trip to Atlanta and won't be able to check as much. But this Friday I should be back home and able to actually join the fight.

Offline SchrodingersNinja

  • Dungeon Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,349
  • Friendship? Again?
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2018, 11:29:48 PM »
The eerie silence is suddenly punctuated by a snapping sound as a tripwire is cut, but no dangerous outcome occurs. You surmise the mammals have disarmed one of your traps.

Moments later you hear a stone clatter along the floor. And your crossbow trap fires.

A mammal's voice yells, not in pain but surprise. Then in a more jovial tone one of the creatures voices echoes down the corridor "Didn't expect another one. I'll keep checking."

Back to the top of the order.
[to be able to post more regularly, I'm logging in on my phone. This has the downside of making it hard to look up turn order and impossible to update the map very often.]
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

Offline Acetwinelf

  • Board Games
  • *
  • Posts: 704
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #32 on: May 19, 2018, 12:23:39 PM »
Sage will continue holding his action to hit them with his sling. Feedka will hold her action to activate her dragon's breath when she sees them.

Offline SchrodingersNinja

  • Dungeon Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,349
  • Friendship? Again?
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #33 on: May 22, 2018, 09:03:18 AM »
Turn Order:
Feedka
Packrat
Krinn
Taklak
Crawl
ENEMY

@Brave Sir Robin is up @BlazingFox is next.
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

Online Brave Sir Robin

  • Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,182
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #34 on: May 22, 2018, 09:10:45 AM »
Krinn tries to hide his frown as the mammals prove smarter than he had hoped. They have obviously done this before - they even seemed to be having fun!

Quietly, he reaches into his crocodile skin cloak and withdraws Nak Nak, his lizard familiar. Setting Nak Nak on the ground, he mentally instructs him to sneak down the tunnel towards the invaders to get a better look at them..


Offline rjbprime

  • Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 494
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #35 on: May 24, 2018, 08:51:40 PM »
Packrat will continue to ready an action to attack with his scimitars until an valid target enters Little o37.

Offline SchrodingersNinja

  • Dungeon Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,349
  • Friendship? Again?
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #36 on: May 25, 2018, 12:23:34 AM »
Turn Order:
Feedka (Acetwinelf)
Packrat (rjbprime)
Krinn (Brave Sir Robin)
* Taklak (BlazingFox)
Crawl (Dingus)
ENEMY

Currently it is @BlazingFox 's turn. It being a long weekend I don't expect you to respond quickly, but if you dont get back to us by mid week I'm going to assume you are gone.
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

Offline BlazingFox

  • Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 224
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #37 on: May 25, 2018, 07:14:36 AM »
Taklak will move past the rock closest to him up towards the other one stopping at v33 next to Tes and try to hide.

Stealth
Rolled 1d20+5 : 18 + 5, total 23

Offline SchrodingersNinja

  • Dungeon Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,349
  • Friendship? Again?
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #38 on: May 26, 2018, 09:40:08 PM »
[ @Dingus is up, followed by your foes.

I have my first court date Tuesday, so if I seem nonresponsive (again... sorry about being so slow!) that is why.]
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

Dingus

  • Guest
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2018, 07:54:07 PM »
Crawl settles in his ambush position and keeps his ears open listening for the sound of stress. If things get bad he'll run in and leave his friend back for an ambush.

OOC: Crawl and yet to be named kobold will ready their action to attack the first non-kobold who passes through the doorway.

Offline SchrodingersNinja

  • Dungeon Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,349
  • Friendship? Again?
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2018, 04:07:33 PM »
The quiet is unsettling, the mammals slowly disarming your traps before they charge in to attack. Then in a stroke of luck you hear a snap, and the whir of flames as your fire trap triggers. You hear a high pitched scream, as though coming from a child, followed by a deep angry roar that bellows:
"Enough is enough, we do this MY way!"

You hear boots running down the stone corridor, and a light musical tone as your sleep trap is also triggered. Moments later a slightly groggy-looking goliath bursts out of the cooridor, intent on swinging his great-axe at one of you

[You all had actions to trigger on a creature stepping into the room? Go ahead and roll your attacks before the goliath gets to go]

"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

Online Brave Sir Robin

  • Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,182
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2018, 04:14:54 PM »
[OOC: Krinn spent his last action sending Nak Nak down the hallway, so no readied action for me, but good luck to the rest of you!]

Offline Acetwinelf

  • Board Games
  • *
  • Posts: 704
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2018, 07:30:58 PM »
Feedka will use her reaction to fire off her acid breath.
Sage dc 12 save for half damage.
Rolled 3d6 : 3, 3, 6, total 12

Sage will also use his reaction to fire off his sling.
Attack:
Rolled 1d20+4 : 10 + 4, total 14

Damage:
Rolled 1d4+2 : 2 + 2, total 4

Offline rjbprime

  • Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 494
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2018, 11:53:24 PM »
When Packrat Attacks!

Rolled 1d20+5 : 2 + 5, total 7


When Packrat Damages!

Rolled 1d6+3 : 1 + 3, total 4


(Shame about no bonus action to offhand attack...)