Author Topic: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods  (Read 378 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Brave Sir Robin

  • Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,096
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #20 on: May 03, 2018, 05:09:50 PM »
Sensing that his first of three alarm spells hasn't been triggered, Krinn reasons that the invaders had not yet entered the warrens.

Maybe they were reconsidering. Maybe they are cowards, too.

His brow furrows. It probably wouldn't be that simple. They are probably stopping to check for traps. What if they disarm them all? What if there are so many of them that they break through even after setting all the traps off?

Krinn tries to get a grip on his anxieties. He must trust in his kin - and in his patron.

Closing his eyes, Krinn holds his position, and murmurs a quiet request for guidance in the battle to come.


[[OOC: Krinn will cast a Guidance cantrip on himself.]]

Offline SchrodingersNinja

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,921
  • Friendship? Again?
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #21 on: May 05, 2018, 09:39:28 PM »
[So sorry guys! I assumed I was waiting on you to go, I must have missed the notification. Next up is @BlazingFox followed by @Dingus (the enemy rolled LOW)]
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

Offline BlazingFox

  • Adventurer
  • ****
  • Posts: 128
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2018, 07:27:26 AM »
Shaking slightly at the thought of his first real fight against forces trying to assult the clan, Taklak clutches his arcane focus, his body wrapped in shadow.

(Tak casts Mage Armor on himself. AC:16=13+3)

Offline Dingus

  • Adventurer
  • ****
  • Posts: 152
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2018, 09:29:41 PM »
Crawl give his companion a node and they both begin to conceal themselves in preparation for an ambush.

Crawl stealth:
Rolled 1d20+7 : 17 + 7, total 24

Kobold stealth:
Rolled 1d20+2 : 13 + 2, total 15

Offline SchrodingersNinja

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,921
  • Friendship? Again?
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2018, 12:42:36 AM »
After a moment Krinn hears his first alarm spell go off in his mind, and shortly thereafter there is a clanking echo of metal greaves on stone as humanoids stomp their way into your cave.

Back to the top. Turn order:
Feedka
Packrat
Krinn
Taklak
Crawl
ENEMY
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

Offline Acetwinelf

  • Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 517
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #25 on: May 07, 2018, 12:54:13 AM »
Feedka and Sage steady their nerves as they repeat the same actin they take last turn. (More ready actions!  ;D)

Offline rjbprime

  • Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 284
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2018, 04:35:21 AM »
Packrat will ready an action to attack with his scimitars until an valid target enters Little o37.

Offline Brave Sir Robin

  • Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,096
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2018, 05:43:16 PM »
Krinn's eyes perk as his mental alarm goes off, sending a chill down his spine. The invaders were here, and these could be his last moments. Something inside of him, something primal, pushes back against that thought: no, these will be their last moments!

Crystal-tipped staff in hand, Krinn points through the wall, towards the first chamber, confirming to the others that the adventurers are indeed inside. He readies himself to fire at the first thing that appears around the corner.

At the same time, he glances back at one of the other kobolds huddled nearby. He recognizes him as Olmo, whose name means "slow cut" in Draconic, and who always had a bad habit of chewing his nails when he was nervous - today was obviously no exception, and it was a wonder that he had any fingers left at all!

With a nod, Krinn urges him to come a little closer. Should the adventurers get through the traps the clan had set for them, available bodies like Olmo should do their duty trying to keep the invaders in a choke point while more skilled members - like Krinn, naturally - fire at them liberally.


OOC: So sorry for the hold up! I didn't realize it was my turn! I'm so dumb.

Krinn is going to ready an action to fire an Eldritch Blast should an adventurer get in line of fire before his turn comes around again.

As for Olmo the misc Kobold, he'll move within ~30' of the passageway, against the wall where he can't be seen, ready to run in and make with the stabbings.

Offline SchrodingersNinja

  • Moderator
  • *****
  • Posts: 1,921
  • Friendship? Again?
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2018, 12:27:08 AM »
[I am sorry for not keeping up with this game as much as I should have. I honestly wasn't this busy when I started the game, but as things have happened I have slowed my posting. If my delays have made any of you reconsider playing, let me know.

@BlazingFox and @Dingus are up.]
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

Offline BlazingFox

  • Adventurer
  • ****
  • Posts: 128
Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2018, 09:36:25 AM »
Turning to Feedka, Taklak raises his crystal shard and drags it through the air, forming a series of shadowy runes before pressing his free hand against her back.

"We are of the line of dragons, their blood, their cunning, their Breath ours. No mammale will drive us out."

When he places his cold hand on her back, Feedka feels her insides churn, an almost uncomfortable stinging rising in the back of her throat before settling down to a slight tingeling, the acrid scent of acid on her breath.

After the spell takes affect, Taklak moves from where he was towards the other side of the room.

Tak casts Dragon's Breath (Acid) on Feedka then moves to u39.

Dragon's breath
Spoiler: show
Level: 2   Save DC: 12
Casting time: 1 Bonus Action    Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M   Duration: Con, 1 min

You touch one willing creature and imbue it with the power to spew magical energy from its mouth, provided it has one. Choose acid, cold, fire, lightning, or poison. Until the spell ends, the creature can use an action to exhale energy of the chosen type in a 15-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make a Dexterity saving throw, taking 3d6 damage of the chosen type on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.