Author Topic: The [Name to be determined] Clan  (Read 3566 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline SchrodingersNinja

  • Dungeon Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,349
  • Friendship? Again?
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2018, 11:37:37 PM »
As the lair is currently configured, starting from the bottom, the rooms are:

An entryway with a pool of stagnant water

Large communal sleeping chamber

A worship center

Storage/workshop

A Hatchery

[Was sick yesterday, sorry for the delay.]
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

Offline SchrodingersNinja

  • Dungeon Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,349
  • Friendship? Again?
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #31 on: April 17, 2018, 11:47:40 PM »

Updated map with your traps added. In the future I will request you don't put too many close together, simply because it is hard to label them.
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

Offline BlazingFox

  • Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 224
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2018, 06:26:21 AM »
I meant for the pit to be at the capatle E/F between the workshop and the shrine in the hallway

Offline SchrodingersNinja

  • Dungeon Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,349
  • Friendship? Again?
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2018, 11:02:57 AM »
I will take care of that before the battle starts then. Thanks for the info.
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

Dingus

  • Guest
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2018, 05:13:37 PM »
So how would everyone feel about a secret passage connecting the hatchery and sleeping chamber?

Offline Acetwinelf

  • Board Games
  • *
  • Posts: 704
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2018, 05:30:14 PM »
How hard would it be to spot for an adventurer because unless it is very difficult, Feedka will insist on it being in the storage room and conecting to the sleeping chambers instead.

Offline SchrodingersNinja

  • Dungeon Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,349
  • Friendship? Again?
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2018, 05:43:06 PM »
I would say the Perception DC for a tunnel would be 10 + proficiency of the digger. So 12 in this case. It is however, hard to squeeze through for medium or larger creatures.
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

Offline Acetwinelf

  • Board Games
  • *
  • Posts: 704
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #37 on: April 18, 2018, 05:47:09 PM »
Yep i would definetly say a no on putting that in the hatchery but im fine with the storage, also if we need to make a last stand in the hatchery we dont want out enemies able to attack from 2 locations.

Dingus

  • Guest
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2018, 06:46:58 PM »
True @Acetwinelf I wasn't just looking at spot before grabbing dinner. And that'd work. Storage to entry way just somwe have a bit of an ambush tactic. I had a few other ideas but 10 spaces won't connect

Offline Brave Sir Robin

  • Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,182
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2018, 07:20:33 PM »
Is it okay if Krinn has set alarm spells at, say:

1. where the portcullis is (mental alarm)
2. where the first crossbow trap is (audible alarm)
3. and one at the entrance to the shrine (audible alarm)

?

Offline SchrodingersNinja

  • Dungeon Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,349
  • Friendship? Again?
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #40 on: April 18, 2018, 07:31:49 PM »
Is it okay if Krinn has set alarm spells at, say:

1. where the portcullis is (mental alarm)
2. where the first crossbow trap is (audible alarm)
3. and one at the entrance to the shrine (audible alarm)

?
As rituals or using spell slots?
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

Offline Brave Sir Robin

  • Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,182
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #41 on: April 18, 2018, 08:45:37 PM »
Definitely as rituals. He only has 2 spell slots and he's saving those for the fight!

Offline SchrodingersNinja

  • Dungeon Master
  • *****
  • Posts: 3,349
  • Friendship? Again?
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #42 on: April 18, 2018, 08:47:01 PM »
Sure. The duration is pretty long, right?
"True glory consists in doing what deserves to be written, in writing what deserves to be read."
- Pliny the Elder

Offline Brave Sir Robin

  • Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2,182
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #43 on: April 18, 2018, 08:55:47 PM »
Yep, 8 hours:

Quote
Alarm
1st-level abjuration (ritual)

Casting Time: 1 minute

Range: 30 feet

Components: V, S, M (a tiny bell and a piece of fine silver wire)

Duration: 8 hours

You set an alarm against unwanted intrusion. Choose a door, a window, or an area within range that is no larger than a 20-foot cube. Until the spell ends, an alarm alerts you whenever a Tiny or larger creature touches or enters the warded area. When you cast the spell, you can designate creatures that won’t set off the alarm. You also choose whether the alarm is mental or audible. A mental alarm alerts you with a ping in your mind if you are within 1 mile of the warded area. This ping awakens you if you are sleeping. An audible alarm produces the sound of a hand bell for 10 seconds within 60 feet.

Obviously all members of the clan will be exempt so that we don't set off the alarm.

Offline Acetwinelf

  • Board Games
  • *
  • Posts: 704
Re: The [Name to be determined] Clan
« Reply #44 on: April 19, 2018, 08:16:28 AM »
I noticed we seem to have only 7 traps if im not wrong
1 scythe trap
1 pit trap
1 crossbow trap
1 fire trap
1 sleep trap
1 poison needle trap
1 falling portcullis trap
Here is an idea to think on guys. What if we put some more traps at the entrance to the shrine and build the secret tunnel from U-24 to A-16 so if the sleeping room falls we can escape back to the chamber while the adventurers must walk through the entrance.