Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10
41
[5E] Defending The Dungeon / Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Last post by Acetwinelf on May 19, 2018, 12:23:39 PM »
Sage will continue holding his action to hit them with his sling. Feedka will hold her action to activate her dragon's breath when she sees them.
42
[5E] Defending The Dungeon / Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Last post by SchrodingersNinja on May 18, 2018, 11:29:48 PM »
The eerie silence is suddenly punctuated by a snapping sound as a tripwire is cut, but no dangerous outcome occurs. You surmise the mammals have disarmed one of your traps.

Moments later you hear a stone clatter along the floor. And your crossbow trap fires.

A mammal's voice yells, not in pain but surprise. Then in a more jovial tone one of the creatures voices echoes down the corridor "Didn't expect another one. I'll keep checking."

Back to the top of the order.
[to be able to post more regularly, I'm logging in on my phone. This has the downside of making it hard to look up turn order and impossible to update the map very often.]
43
[5E] Defending The Dungeon / Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Last post by Dingus on May 17, 2018, 10:35:36 AM »
After Crawl is satisfied with the hiding skills of his companion he looks to him and whispers that they will stay here as backup and ambush the first non-kobold to get through these doors.

OOC: Crawl and the Kobold will hold their actions to attack the first non-kobold that runs through the entryway. I would move craw up but I've had to make a quick trip to Atlanta and won't be able to check as much. But this Friday I should be back home and able to actually join the fight.
44
[5E] Defending The Dungeon / Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Last post by BlazingFox on May 17, 2018, 09:36:25 AM »
Turning to Feedka, Taklak raises his crystal shard and drags it through the air, forming a series of shadowy runes before pressing his free hand against her back.

"We are of the line of dragons, their blood, their cunning, their Breath ours. No mammale will drive us out."

When he places his cold hand on her back, Feedka feels her insides churn, an almost uncomfortable stinging rising in the back of her throat before settling down to a slight tingeling, the acrid scent of acid on her breath.

After the spell takes affect, Taklak moves from where he was towards the other side of the room.

Tak casts Dragon's Breath (Acid) on Feedka then moves to u39.

Dragon's breath
Spoiler: show
Level: 2   Save DC: 12
Casting time: 1 Bonus Action    Range: Touch
Components: V, S, M   Duration: Con, 1 min

You touch one willing creature and imbue it with the power to spew magical energy from its mouth, provided it has one. Choose acid, cold, fire, lightning, or poison. Until the spell ends, the creature can use an action to exhale energy of the chosen type in a 15-foot cone. Each creature in that area must make a Dexterity saving throw, taking 3d6 damage of the chosen type on a failed save, or half as much damage on a successful one.
45
[5E] Defending The Dungeon / Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Last post by SchrodingersNinja on May 17, 2018, 12:27:08 AM »
[I am sorry for not keeping up with this game as much as I should have. I honestly wasn't this busy when I started the game, but as things have happened I have slowed my posting. If my delays have made any of you reconsider playing, let me know.

@BlazingFox and @Dingus are up.]
46
[5E] Defending The Dungeon / Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Last post by Brave Sir Robin on May 15, 2018, 05:43:16 PM »
Krinn's eyes perk as his mental alarm goes off, sending a chill down his spine. The invaders were here, and these could be his last moments. Something inside of him, something primal, pushes back against that thought: no, these will be their last moments!

Crystal-tipped staff in hand, Krinn points through the wall, towards the first chamber, confirming to the others that the adventurers are indeed inside. He readies himself to fire at the first thing that appears around the corner.

At the same time, he glances back at one of the other kobolds huddled nearby. He recognizes him as Olmo, whose name means "slow cut" in Draconic, and who always had a bad habit of chewing his nails when he was nervous - today was obviously no exception, and it was a wonder that he had any fingers left at all!

With a nod, Krinn urges him to come a little closer. Should the adventurers get through the traps the clan had set for them, available bodies like Olmo should do their duty trying to keep the invaders in a choke point while more skilled members - like Krinn, naturally - fire at them liberally.


OOC: So sorry for the hold up! I didn't realize it was my turn! I'm so dumb.

Krinn is going to ready an action to fire an Eldritch Blast should an adventurer get in line of fire before his turn comes around again.

As for Olmo the misc Kobold, he'll move within ~30' of the passageway, against the wall where he can't be seen, ready to run in and make with the stabbings.
47
[5E] Defending The Dungeon / Re: OOC Discussion
« Last post by SchrodingersNinja on May 10, 2018, 08:59:06 AM »
Go ahead and take your turns when you find the time, guys. I will be away Today through Sunday to get swore in by the supreme court and to take my family on a much needed weekend away.
48
[5E] Defending The Dungeon / Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Last post by rjbprime on May 07, 2018, 04:35:21 AM »
Packrat will ready an action to attack with his scimitars until an valid target enters Little o37.
49
[5E] Defending The Dungeon / Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Last post by Acetwinelf on May 07, 2018, 12:54:13 AM »
Feedka and Sage steady their nerves as they repeat the same actin they take last turn. (More ready actions!  ;D)
50
[5E] Defending The Dungeon / Re: Part 1: A Warren in the Woods
« Last post by SchrodingersNinja on May 07, 2018, 12:42:36 AM »
After a moment Krinn hears his first alarm spell go off in his mind, and shortly thereafter there is a clanking echo of metal greaves on stone as humanoids stomp their way into your cave.

Back to the top. Turn order:
Feedka
Packrat
Krinn
Taklak
Crawl
ENEMY
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10